Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moses Botkin Monthly Challenge Paintings


10x8 oil on paper board

Our challenge was to paint our favorite pair of shoes. Now, if you read this blog, you know I like shoes - a LOT! So deciding
which to paint was a challenge in itself. My favorite type of shoe is a sandal, so I pulled out a couple and then saw my bright red loafers which I adore! I dropped them all on the floor and preceded to set up a photo shoot using the timer on my camera. I am not a very good model, but luckily this required very little skill.

I played around with my painting technique a little too to really challenge myself. This is painted on a "cardboard-like" material and I used heavy black lines around my objects.

Now - lets enjoy what some of my fellow artists created with this month's theme. I love the creativity of this group and its a surprise for me every month to see what they each come up with for our subject.


Shoo Fly
10x8 oil on panel
(c) 2009 Vicki Ross


Red Slippers
6x6 pastel on Canson paper
(c) 2009 Mike Beeman

The Red Shoes
12x12 oil on canvas
(c) 2009 Marie Fox


Knights in Pink Satin
7x5 oil on panel
(c) Diana Moses Botkin


Red Silk Espadrilles
11x14 oil on canvas
(c) 2009 Silvina Day


Baby Shoes
6x6 oil on board
(c) 2009 Michael Naples

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love all of the choices ya'll made for this subject. I find it very interesting the number of red shoes that were painted. These are beautiful little paintings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...