Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Moses Botkin Monthly Challenge

This month we used another of my ideas. I've been repainting my kitchen cabinets and have had the doors off at various times for a couple of weeks. As I walked by the open cabinets I kept thinking they would make an interesting subject. I took the challenge a step further and tried to really get loose! I thoroughly enjoyed breaking the items down to just blocks of color. I'm trying to effect on my newest subway painting. We've had some shifts in the group. A couple of friends had to drop out and we've added a new member, Suzanne Berry. Welcome Suzanne!
NOW - I have a contest! The first person to email me and correctly identify three products in my painting below will receive a free copy of the Daily Painters book "Color, Obsession, Joy and Torment."
The fine print: No daily painter members may win the book. Buy your own! :-)

NOTE: CONTEST IS OVER (ALREADY!) Leslie was the winner - and correctly named Ragu, Peter Pan and Skippy. Why I have two different brands, I'm not even sure! Leslie wins the Daily Painters Art Gallery book!


Staples

8x16 oil on panel

(c) 2009 Robin Cheers -
PURCHASE



Coming out of the Cabinet

9x12 oil on board

(c) 2009
Vicki Ross



The Artist's Pantry
5x7 oil on canvas

(c) 2009
Suzanne Berry



The Red Napkin

16x20 oil on canvas

(c) 2009
Marie Fox



Yo-Ho-Ho and a Bottle of Rum

6x8 oil on panel

(c) 2009
Diana Moses Botkin



Steel Cut Oats

12x12 oil on canvas

(c) 2009
Silvina Day



Coffee Corner

12x7 oil on panel

(c) 2009
Michael Naples

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Okay.. I'll give it a try..
Peanut butter
Tomato sauce
dried spaghetti

Even if I didn't win the "contest", it was fun looking more closely at your painting and seeing how you conveyed the meaning and forms in the painting without obsessing over details. BRAVA!!!!

Loved them ALL!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I think I know the brands of several of those items, but since I'm a DP member, I know to keep my mouth shut!

Good job on the painting, Robin! I really like the looseness you achieved while keeping everything so recognizable. Very fun!

Jeff Mahorney said...

I am amazed by "Staples". Amazed. I know every object in that cupboard by the color truth told by those spots of color. This is it. This is how to paint.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...