Monday, July 29, 2013

Don't Walk

16x20 oil on cradled panel

Ask DK Gallery about this painting

First, thank you for all the virtual pats on the back and so forth. I don't stay down long. I set aside the two paintings that failed and turned the lights out in the studio for a day or two.

This scene above I showed a few images of while it was in progress. The location is the same intersection in the Village as the painting below but on the opposite corner. The scene with the cupcake title is so named because this intersection is the home of the Magnolia Bakery - made famous in the "Sex In The City" tv series - and many people walking along Bleecker are carrying cupcake boxes to go and eat in the little park on the 4th corner.

Today I shipped off the last of my paintings for this show. Not a moment too soon either. I feel very badly for being a little crazy and not getting the work out sooner. Opening night is FRIDAY! If you are in the Marietta, GA area, try to stop by! It looks like a great group of artists and work represented. I wish I could see it in person. Hmmm...maybe next month for the "Farm to Table" show.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...