Monday, June 04, 2012

Dressed Up

10x12 oil on panel
Available at Tidewater Gallery

Its June and time to begin sharing some of the paintings which will be in my upcoming show in North Carolina. This is a pretty exciting event for me. My first solo show and my first series of works. Last fall, I wanted to explore rapid paint sketches and practice getting my ideas down quickly. I chose to paint on 10x12 inch panels because the size is doable in one painting session and its a nice format. The size and process of creation is 'theme' of the series, while the subject matter reflects my usual obsession with painting my observations of daily life - 


"Vignettes"
An exhibition of small works by Robin Cheers
107 N. Front Street
Swansboro, NC
910-325-0660

Opening reception Friday, June 15, 5-8 pm

2 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

Your work is an inspiration to me, Robin. Your subject matter is delightful, and I have learned so much from your technique descriptions. Thank you.

Susan B Hecht said...

I'm so excited for you as I am a big fan of your work. I wish I could make the opening but hope to make it to the coast before the shows end. Best wishes for a successful show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...