Monday, January 12, 2009

Lessons from the Masters


24x18 oil on linen - sold

I'm not sure this is the best photo but I sure enjoyed painting this scene and I'm very pleased with my work. The artist is copying Berthe Morisot's painting, "The Mother & Sister of the Artist." I did another painting of a similar view a month ago. And you will probably see more. I've been painting a series from the National Gallery of Art. Its a great deal of fun to paint the architectural space and all the people interacting with the art.

2 comments:

I Want To Be An Artist said...

Beautiful painting!

Jeffrey W. Phillips said...

Robin, I simply love this piece. I SO appreciate your brushwork and the sense of space you've created with this work. Ah, that I had money.

Thank you for sharing your talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...