Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Artist Within


20x24 oil on linen
on hold

I am so pleased with this painting. I was so excited when I saw this woman painting in the National Gallery of Art. I watched her for awhile. I watched the other patrons watching her. She is copying the painting "The Mother and Sister of the Artist" by Berthe Morisot.
The gallery was awesome in so many ways and seeing two of my most admired artists hanging side by side was awe inspiring. The other painting is Mary Cassatt's "Little Girl in a Blue Armchair".
This painting is to be entered in a contest. It will be available for sale later.

2 comments:

Olha Pryymak said...

this is really a good one. Love your observational style of painting, loose and realistic at the same time. Cheers!
btw, this is the National Gallery in DC?

A Painter's Journal said...

Thank you Olha, and yes, it is the National Gallery in DC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...