Monday, January 21, 2008

Bookkeeping Blues

If I had a painting to represent this, it would be someone slumped over her desk with a black cloud over her head and piles of papers and empty mugs next to her. Its that time of year again... time to go over all of last year's income and expenses, file property taxes, sales tax, and prepare for April income taxes and do inventory.

I am ill equipped for this aspect of my work. Its incredibly frustrating, esp. because I don't keep the best files and my formerly excellent memory has somehow been replaced by a sieve since I became a mother. Any brilliant ideas for record keeping for artists?
For now I am done with last year's stuff at least. And look forward to painting tomorrow, if not later today.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I have to start that dreary task this week. Not looking forward to it at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...