Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Maestro

12x9 oil on panel  

Ask Gardner Colby Galleries about this painting

"Slice of Life" opens March 14th. The theme couldn't be more right for me. Its what I like to paint best - those moments in life that seem less than extraordinary, but are what the stuff of life is made of. Life here is finally taking a turn for the better. My husband is going back to work soon. My parents are making plans to move to the Austin area finally. Spring is in the air and I feel my heart lifting as these weighty matters come to resolution. Not to get too personal, but I feel very blessed that these last months have made our family stronger and closer when the difficulties could have produced very different results. I'm really proud of my husband. And my daughter.


My work is now turning to kitchen and domestic scenes. Its all relative. :-) 




Yesterday I met my lovely friend V....Vaughan and we painted while we visited in a very welcoming and cozy coffee shop in northwest Austin - Joel's. Its also the home of Austin Truffle Company and nothing will get you through a crazy time like excellent mocha truffles (and friendship.) I did the two studies above from photos while we enjoyed our hot chocolate, tea and truffles. Will be working them into larger works soon.

4 comments:

Sergio DS said...

I love how you "cook".
;)

Studio at the Farm said...

Robin, I am so happy to read your life is on the upswing!!!
Your maestro series have been wonderful, and now ... the OPERA!!!

Virginia Floyd said...

Both of these are beautiful. Love how you paint little vignettes of life.

Sherry Schmidt said...

Wow, these are fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...