Monday, August 15, 2011

Moses Botkin Monthly Challenge

Really? Something in or on our car?
Ok - I looked around, even staged a Starbucks cup in my cupholder which would be pretty authentic, but the angles were all wrong. Then I see the beautiful lines of my husband's car. He has had sexy, beautiful cars since I've known him and he races them. They aren't just pretty faces, he goes to the track regularly for high performance driving. Hence the special after-market wing on the back. Can you guess what the car is? And no, I do not drive it.


Aerodynamics
5x7 oil on panel
©2011 Robin Cheers



Just Working
6x6 oil on canvas
©2011 Ruth Andre



Rocket Girl
7x5 oil on hardboard



Cherry
5x5 oil on panel
©2011 Vicki Ross



Old Mobile
6x6 oil on panel
©2011 Sharman Owings

Our challenge was Sharman's brainchild. I can't wait to see what is on for next month! My schedule is about to return to more regular programming as school starts in 8 days!

6 comments:

Art said...

Beautiful pictures, great work!

Studio at the Farm said...

Robin, I love your painting!! You've made it look sleek and fast. And tell your husband I love the color.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Very à propos and interesting!

Virginia Floyd said...

Really like your car painting! Beautiful economy of brush stokes. Great color choices. Nice!

suzanneberry said...

this is amazing robin, my favorite! beautifully done!

Marie Theron said...

A difficult challenge, but everyone succeeded so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...