Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Tale of Two Piggies


5x5 oil on panel
$75 + s/h


Well, you can guess what part intrigued me about this little scene. The light on her feet was so cool. I am not perfectly happy with this... I might go back into it tomorrow a little but its best to wait and see tomorrow.
The goal of these small paintings is to be accurate but not detailed. To mass in. But the scale does not actually allow for real looseness of brushwork. If anything, it makes me tighten up. So its a trade off - blocked in and undefined, but still tight.
Oh, and I realized that my panel was not quite so small.

5 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Robin the two park ladies are so nice. You have come back to the easel with renewed energy and the brushwork is lovely. Looking forward to #3.

Jennie said...

Robin

It is a joy to view your work and you inspire me to paint more(I also have small kids and they are too distracting right now).Your work with light is wonderfull and I prefer your loose,painterly style to anything more detailed. I can almost feel the sunshine on my own toes!!
I can also see how good it feels to be painting again and look forward to seeing more.
Jennie

Linda Popple said...

I like the light in this painting. I can definitely see what attracted you. Very nice!

Melanie Statnick said...

very lovely. I enjoy the play on the values. The work with light is wonderful

Marian Fortunati said...

Oh to be able to capture light like you do... Just wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...