Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Boating Party


11x14 oil on panel

Ask Edward Montgomery Fine Art about this painting.

I sent some new works to California last week. This painting, featuring Manet's "Boating" was among them. The scene is from the Metropolitan Museum of Art - I wish I had weekly access to it. What amazing work - and architecture - to inspire there.

I'm still working away on gallery paintings but holding back sharing the show pieces until closer to the opening in July. Since I am not painting small "daily painter" works with any regularity, I've decided to drop off the Daily Painter's Gallery. It was a hard decision - I've been with them since I began blogging in 2006! If you find my work on there on occasion and want to follow me regularly, sign up!

13 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I like this painting. I wish I was in it and looking at all the fantastic work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art! I hope to get to NYC this summer. Nice work, Robin1

Roxanne Steed said...

This is incredibly beautiful, glad you showed it in it's frame, too!

Unknown said...

Like the colour values and loose style

d'Morais said...

For some time I've been enjoying your painting. It is very expressive and the colors very well chosen. I like it.

Charlene Brown said...

I love this concept when it's well done -- and this one is really a treasure!

-Don said...

Wonderful! Great composition and wonderful colors.

I've stood in front of that Manet twice in the past 7 years - and LOVED it! (He's my favorite of the Impressionists.) It was among several highlights from my Met visits. I could never get enough of those museums in Manhattan... So much art, and so little time...

-Don

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Robin!.... Love your raw use of colour and your lively brushwork in all of your work!

I especially love your depictions of cafe spaces. They really capture the warmth and ambiance of good dining establishments!

I'm a Follower! Be back to check out your work!

Good Painting!
Regards,
Bruce Sherman

Marian Fortunati said...

Where is your gallery in California, Robin?

This is a great one!

Isha Shiri said...

Hello!

I love his work. I really enjoyed and would like to add your address in my list of favorite blogs. You give me permission?

I wish you peace

A Painter's Journal said...

Marian -
Edward Montgomery Fine Art represents me in Carmel.

A Painter's Journal said...

Isha -
Thank you for your nice comments. Manet is an all time favorite of mine too. Certainly add my blog to your link list... thanks for sharing.
Best, Robin

Anonymous said...

i like this painting is very beautyful , is sell .......

Peggi Habets Studio said...

It's my first time visiting your blog. I've really enjoyed looking at your work. Your everyday people series is wonderful. This painting is very nice as well. Very nicely painted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...