Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Progression


20x10 oil on glass

This was an experiment I did a week ago. While I am online here (updating my pet project Austin Art Openings) I thought I'd show you all this. I am sticking to my plans though and all my focus lately has been on Christmas and home projects. Who knew I had so much to do - art is an escape as well as a demanding boss.

What to do with a painting on glass? Its just a thin piece I had laying around and was too small for a palette. It was an interesting surface. Every brush stroke shows. Pretty cool. But fragile.

I plan to do this same scene as a very large painting (on canvas) soon. I still seem to be drawn to these very stark, simple scenes.

6 comments:

-Don said...

This is a wonderful painting. I love how the brushwork reacted to the smoothness of the glass' surface. The red touches in the darkest areas are excellent. To me they give this a slightly ominous feel. Love it! -Don

Unknown said...

Great work

suzanneberry said...

This is an amazing painting! Absolutely perfect.

Becky Joy said...

Amazing piece. I know it'll be a great larger painting. Love the brushwork.

John Fraissinet said...

I love the perspective here and the blue tones.

Unknown said...

very beautifull

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...