Monday, October 26, 2009

Wedding Reception - Molly Pitcher Inn

I'm back home after a whirlwind trip to the northeast. Three cities in three days... the rock star lifestyle is not for me! On Facebook, I've posted some pictures from the awards dinner at the National Arts club. Owing to the usual delays that inevitably happen when traveling, I barely got there in time for dinner and was a little damp from a long walk in the rain. But had no trouble getting too and from the city on the trains. Well - I got off at the wrong station on the way back to my hotel, but jumped on the next train and finished my ride.
I met some lovely people at the awards dinner and was warmly welcomed. I was so impressed by the quality of the work in the show, and therefore even more honored and amazed that my painting was chosen for an award.
The National Arts Club is in a gorgeous old home in Gramercy park. Stunning.

Next day (Sat.) I was driving down the New Jersey Parkway heading for the coast for the wedding reception. The fall color was beautiful. I missed my exit... you'll note a theme on my missing exits and getting lost....

Suffice to say, I made it to town and got my canvas and mineral spirits at a local art supply store and then got to spend some time enjoying downtown Red Bank.

The wedding reception was a lot of fun. People talk about southern hospitality, but I have to say, the people there (guests, dj, lighting guy, wait staff, etc.) were all so friendly and fun. Everyone danced! From the youngest to the oldest... to all the music. Its really fun to get to take part in these events as an observer. I'm really honored to be asked to do this kind of work!




That being said, I'm exhausted. I'm in my jammies still and not moving from my sofa today. Its pouring rain too which makes it all the cozier.
I am not traveling the the rest of the year. Soon it will be time to turn our attention to the upcoming holidays and family. But for now, I think I need a nap.

4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

It just boggles my mind how you do that.... Absolutley fascinating!!

Even seeing the little video clip didn't make it seem any less formidable!!

What a great talent you have... it takes you all over and you create a unique memory that few people can share!!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Wow! Simply amazing you have the energy to do all that, especially for doing the beautiful painting after the travel, missed exits, etc.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

great post and it sounds like fun. Nothing like a cozy rainy day when you don't have to go out! One of my favorite things!

Roxanne Steed said...

Wow! love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...