Wednesday, July 01, 2009

West Village Shops

Still on Friday (the 26th) and the sun came out. We moved over to the park near the now-famous Magnolia Bakery. It was in "Sex and the City" apparently so now all these bus tours come by and stop to buy cupcakes. I did not enter the bakery, nor eat a cupcake. But I had a hot pretzel from the vendor on the corner who at least was doing well selling drinks to wash down the cakes.

I had more success here. Below was my final painting of the day - an antiques shop across the street.


409 Bleeker Street - 12x10 oil on panel


Sherrie and Petra painting.


Study of a corner (Toons Thai restaurant) - oil on paper


Study of the antiques shop across the street - oil on paper

These paintings are going to stay in my private collection for now. They are my reference material and souvenirs.

5 comments:

Karen Wall Garrison said...

Nice work!

Cesc Ginesta said...

This painting is very nice, especially with the light you have known to apply in the window of the store.
Congratulations.

Cesc

Leslie Saeta said...

Oh ... I love them all. I can;t wait to see what they inspire ...

mike rooney studios said...

glad to see you back hard at it! i missed your posts!

anca said...

very nice pictures, ty for join my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...