Friday, May 01, 2009

Poodle Pup


6x6 oil on panel
$100 + $6 s/h - sold

I started a short series of dogs last week. Sort of a tribute to the one thing that is keeping me somewhat sane and relaxed lately in these rather trying times. My little Macy sits in my lap and lets me pet her as long as I want. Its a sacrifice on her part, I am sure, but she tolerates it very well. Dogs are always so happy and easy to please. I think God really blessed us with their companionship. Isn't there a saying that we should try to be as good as our dogs believe we are?

This is a friend's puppy who drew lots of oohs and ahhs when we painted downtown a few weeks ago.
Kim, I hope you don't mind my using him as a model.

2 comments:

Liza Hirst said...

I like this one very much!
Especially how the dog and the shadow merge together.

Sheila Wedegis said...

wow..I just came upon your work and fell in love!!! wonderful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...