Friday, September 05, 2008

River Oaks Wedding Video



Well I can't believe I figured this out! I must give a nod to Qiang Huang who told me he uses Windows Movie Maker. Once I downloaded that, and ditched the other Sony software, this was a breeze. Thanks Qiang!

So, let me explain the video. I set my camcorder up behind my easel and out of the way. Once it got knocked and you can see the view change for a few frames. I set it to capture every 10 minutes I think and it was too long a time lapse, but you can see the work develop - though it kind of goes in spurts.
I left the audio as it was too so you can share the whole feeling of the event. In the beginning, the lights are up and the band is warming up. Then the people begin to arrive and the noise level increases, voices almost drown out the music. You hear snatches of songs, see guests stop and visit with me, and see me tapping along with the music until the voices fade, the music stops and the lights come up.

These events are so fun for me. Its so special too to share these amazing events with the families and friends.

6 comments:

Cecelia said...

That is so neat! Interesting to see how you work, with gloves, and with the background painted first. Loved seeing your video!

Maurie said...

Neat! I like the video. You should post a good photo of the final painting.

Laurel Daniel said...

Robin - this is soooo cool. You are a brave one to paint in the middle of such action! What a great way for the bride and groom to remember their beautiful night - lucky them. Please post the finished piece!

mike rooney studios said...

you made me proud. seeing you standing there unfazed by all the activity and painting away. i almost got tears. you did an awesome job and i especially like how you talked to people while you painted. at an event like that the guests will pass on to the bride and groom how cool they thought you painting was. fantastic. its not only fine art but performance art as well. i'd love to see the finished painting too!
WTG robin. you'd make a great plein air painter. i'd be proud to paint with you on a crowded street anytime LOL

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

You are amazing! How you can paint a beautiful, complex scene in the middle of a busy, noisy event is a mystery to me! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Definitely,what a fantastic blog and enlightening posts,I definitely will bookmark your website.Best Regards!
River Oaks Wedding Planner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...