Thursday, July 03, 2008

Collector's Corner


18x24 oil on canvas
purchase info to come

I worked on this over several days. I prefer to paint alla prima, but sometimes its just not possible. And once I had the figures painted, the rest was like, well, painting several small paintings. Some of them unknown and were from the gallery photos, some are from magazines, featuring some contemporary artists whom I admire. I hope if they recognize their work, they will appreciate it in the spirit it is intended.

Being an artist, I sometimes get access to those back rooms where art is stored and its a pretty neat place to visit! If you go to Austin Galleries though, there is no mystery. Its ALL out. But it could take you weeks to go through all the work. Its an amazing gallery.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Robin! I've always admired your work and this one is just...WOW! Over the top!Bravo!

Susan Carlin said...

Robin this painting is so exciting! Wonderful.

Unknown said...

This is a great painting Robin!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Robin,
Great masters flavour, wonderful!!
Alex

Candy Barr said...

This is so fun to look at, never mind the gallery itself with everything out. Yippee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...