Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Bean


6x6 oil on panel
$100 + $11 s/h
I have to admit having always wanted to paint this but another artist has done it so well - and our work is often of similar subjects - so I held off. But it was a lot of fun to paint in oils - the reflections and distortion of the city buildings are so unique. And the plaza and Cloud Gate both seem to vibrate with color and light. I imagine the sculpture must change so much too - a cloudy gray day might make it almost blend in with the surroundings; at at night, with the city lights I bet it would seem to glow from within. The whole of Millenium Park is inspirational and I can't wait to visit it again. That trip is probably coming late summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin,

Just spent some morning time with your paintings. So well done -- love the looseness of them. The 'Bean' is wonderful -

Best,
Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...