Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fire Light


7x5 oil on panel
$100 + $11 s/h via Paypal - sold


I am leaving off with Florida for the moment. I've still been working on the wedding commission and am really pleased with the paintings so far. The elegance of the affair made me want to paint some more classy figures in intimate settings. I really have so many ideas that its hard to figure out WHAT to paint next, but variety is the spice of life! And I do not want to get famous for doing just one thing....and then never being able to deviate. :-)

I have to mention Edward Gordon and give him a nod for his influence on my composition here. He paints a lot of figurative pieces but what I really like is the sense of mood he creates and the feeling of just having turned a corner and happening upon something. So, though my photo might not show it so well, the woman's leg is just touching her companion's, who is hidden by the door frame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I wanted to let you know I received the 7 x5 painting "Fire Light" last week- its its beautiful! I truly love your lose painterly style -it is such
an inspiration. Make me want to pick up a paint brush. Thank you very much for sharing these nuggets of beauty on the blog site. I hope to purchase a large painting in the near future. Thanks Again.

Edward B. Gordon said...

Exelent painting, I am too late, I would have bought it !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...