Friday, May 04, 2007

News

I just realized this morning that my daughter has just two weeks of school left. And from then until a July summer camp I will have her with me all hours. That means my time painting will be seriously hampered. In June we are also heading to FL for our annual beach trip. That should provide me with lots of inspiration at least to rev myself up to begin working again in earnest.

In other news, this Sunday is the gala fundraising event for the Austin Girls School for which I've donated a small painting. A friend's daughter attends the school and I am so impressed by all I hear from them.

And I had two paintings accepted to show with the Society of Master Impressionists at the Sunset Art Gallery in Amarillo. The show opens June 2 and runs through July 2. It should be a wonderful exhibit of some very fine contemporary impressionism.

3 comments:

Gerald Schwartz said...

Very nicely done. I love the looseness of your work and color tone giving them a very friendly feeling.
I am not familiar with clayboard, I'll have to try it.

G.S.

Sally Shisler said...

Fabulous news for you! Congratulations. I too have only 2 weeks left before the kids are home. With any luck, they'll be able to attend our church's summer program. Not free, but very affordable in comparison.

Anonymous said...

I love your work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...