Thursday, July 09, 2009

Open


7x5 oil on panel
$100 + $12 s/h - sold

This is really a nice little painting, if I do say so myself. :-)
I couldn't get a great photo because the dark oils are reflecting a lot.

This man, probably the shop owner, kept coming out to pose for us (not his intention I am sure!) Sherrie and I were like the paparazzi waiting to take pictures each time he'd step out. The light was just so perfect on this store front. I've painted a larger version too (below) and it will be available at Tidewater Gallery in about a week.


Antiques Dealer
11x14 oil on panel
Ask Tidewater Gallery about this painting.

9 comments:

DJ said...

Just found your blog...I've enjoyed your paintings; beautiful brushwork.
I'll be back...

Unknown said...

wonderful pictures !

Anonymous said...

Very good - congratulations on this one, interesting composition and colour palette.

Marian Fortunati said...

You are really rather amazing!

Love your work!!

Terry said...

Lol, my first thought on this one was "ooh, that's a Nice painting"... and then I read your comment! I'm sure we have lots of company in liking this one lots. Great light.

Bobbi Heath said...

I just love the way you capture people with just a few strokes. I'm sure it is harder to do than it looks. You make it look easy! It is certainly effective. Don't leave NYC yet, I am still enjoying your trip!

Candy Barr said...

What a successful trip with all these luscious paintings resulting! Nice variety, and lucky weather for you.

gonzalo said...

Me gusta con ese ombro sobre la puerta como descansando ese color verde azulado que lo envuelve esa indefinición que lo define y muchas cosas más eres buena, pintas bien, eres sugerente tienes fuerza me gusta mucho un beso.Gonzalo

Karen Wilkerson said...

I love the way you capture the gesture of the figure. Your brushwork is the best. Keep up the good work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...