Thursday, July 02, 2009

Kindness of Strangers



I forgot to mention that Friday morning, on my way to our painting location, I lost my cardigan sweater. I went back to look along my path for it but could not find it. Maybe it was on the subway. Anyway, it began to rain and I was dashing between awnings trying to get less wet when a man stopped me and said that I needed an umbrella. I agreed, but commented that I had left my money behind. He said, "No, you need an umbrella. Wait here." And he went back into his apt. and brought me out an umbrella.

I want to mention this so that his good deed is honored and to remind us all that kind gestures can mean so much. Pass it on!

1 comment:

Marilyn R Miller said...

Thank you for the umbrella story.... and your fine paintings.
Marilyn, a painter in Idaho

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...