Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lighthouse House

Here we are at Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island. Its been lovely. Though a little windy. I painted yesterday morning and could barely keep things from blowing away. Done a lot of sketching in my book too.
This is a house down the beach a few doors - we call it the light house. I'm reminded of Hopper's paintings when I look at it.


roughly 6x6 oil on paper

Below is a very tiny painting I did on the other end of the paper above. This is that "museum board" or carton paper that I like, though I don't know yet how to frame it. I suppose it should go under glass. I don't like the thoughts of that. That is just another reason I love oil paints so much. No messing with matting or glass framing.



I am having a thoroughly wonderful time lazing about and alternately basking in the sun and being pounded by some rough surf. Speaking of! There have been surfers here too and I've gotten lots of great photos as well as sketches! Between this trip and NYC I will have things to work on for a year or more!

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Sounds like you are having an absolutely WONDERFUL time!!

That is so great... Love your paintings as always!

Leslie Saeta said...

These are amazing ... the second one is really incredible. Glad you are getting some beach time!

Tee McNeil Art said...

Wow, we were up there on Monday too! Your art is an inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...