Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tea For One


6x6 oil on panel
$100 + $12 s/h - sold

My friend and I had French high tea at Payard Patisserie the afternoon of our arrival. What a lovely respite from our long walks and power shopping. I didn't have a lot of time to shop, so I had to do as much as I could in one afternoon. The gentleman above looked so comfortable as he sipped his tea nearby.

The tea and pastries were so satisfying that we managed the long trek back to 51st (shopping more along the way, mind you) and finished our day with dinner at a French place next to our hotel.
C'était délicieux.

2 comments:

Cecelia said...

Really nice, Robin!
I had to laugh, though. "Great minds run in the same channels," and all that. My post today was "Pretty Ladies At Tea" from the Victorian Tea and Gala in Calvert last weekend. (In my day, it would have been called a garden party, I think!) Wish you had been there to paint it. Hopefully, next year.

Sylvia Jenstad said...

what a quiet beautiful painting... really cool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...