Thursday, October 23, 2008

Salmagundi Stairwell


7x5 oil on panel
$100 + $12 s/h - sold

The beautiful stairwell in the historic brownstone. Above is an ornate skylight letting light filter down three or four floors.

We are off for a visit to DC this weekend. I can't wait to take my little girl through the Smithsonian museums and see the mint and the Monument. The weather will be a fun change for us too I suspect. Though none of us particularly like the cold! We're getting together with some of my college girlfriends too, so I am really looking forward to this visit.

Don't forget to check the auctions at the Texas Louvre for some rock bottom prices on terrific original art. Its a good cause too - helping some college seniors put their business skills to the test in the real world.

1 comment:

PAT MEYER -- said...

What a complicated painting done extremely well. I want to explore what is up the stairs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...