Monday, October 11, 2010

Oheka Castle Wedding Reception

Took a very quick trip over the weekend to go and paint at a lovely young couple's wedding reception on Long Island. The site was Oheka Castle - a beautiful private home built in the early 1900s by one of those fabulously wealthy "robber-barons." It was a beautiful setting. I am exhausted...and no honeymoon to look forward to!


early stage - the light from the setting sun inspired me, though the party was going to be at night.


ready for populate the scene with some wedding guests


no time for pics in between - this is the final painting. I hope the family is happy with my results!

13 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Wow. What a challenge! Your piece looks fantastic. I can't imagine doing that and having it come off so well. No wonder you're tired!

Maria's Watercolor said...

Love seeing the stages of your work, the end result is simply amazing.

Marilyn R Miller said...

Wow! Absolutely wonderful! What a lovely commemoration of a special day!

Dana Cooper said...

Amazing work Robin, they must have been thrilled!!

Marian Fortunati said...

Amazing, Robin

Anonymous said...

Robin, I think this wedding painting is fabulous! Dawn

Melanie Statnick said...

what a wonderful gift! I realy liked seeing the progress. Im so awful about posting unfinished work.

postcardsfromthemainline said...

They certainly should be. What a daunting task!

Linda Popple said...

Amazing, Robin! Beautifully done!!

Trudy R. Gomez said...

Wow, amazing work. You certainly stepped up to the challenge. It's a beautiful keepsake to cherish!

Cheri Wollenberg said...

My goodness what an enormous challenge and you pulled it off beautifully. I love all the things that are going on in your painting. Lovely.

Liza Hirst said...

Wow! I know what it means and I take my hat to you, Robin!!

Beth said...

I love this painting. Better than any photographs from a wedding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...