Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gusty Day


12x16 oil on panel

Available at Edward Montgomery Fine Art, Carmel next week.

This scene is from one of our Monday figure sessions (scroll down to see the study I painted that day.) I tried to finish the study today but felt constrained by having to work around what was already there. So I started a new one. I have this dreadful habit of not being able to continue work on an incomplete painting. I can't tell you how many I have sitting around the studio now. There is going to be quite a few more now too since beginning our model sessions. Like the one below. I used the same panel to paint a second study of our model in fact, knowing it is just for exercise and I won't complete it. I'm definitely an "alla prima" painter.


9x12 oil on panel - study from figure session

8 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

LOVE this painting! it has such a wonderful lively quality to it!

Gary Keimig said...

beautifully done Robin.
I love both of these posts.

LindaHunt said...

Both of these paintings are just wonderful...I appreciate the loose painterly style!

Marian Fortunati said...

Nice Robin!!!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Your laundry paintings always bring back fond memories of my youth; that great smell of clean clothes drying in the sunshine. Your figures are always wonderful!

hmuxo said...

Wonderful painting..beautifully done.

Virginia Floyd said...

You captured this perfectly. You can just feel the wind pulling the sheet away from her and the warmth of the sunshine. Very nice!

Cheri Wollenberg said...

I love your paintings. You have such efficiency in brush strokes, and your color is magnificent. I looked back and forth at these paintings trying to decide which one was my favorite. I think the laundry one....but then again tomorrow I might like the other (laugh)...a little indecisive I guess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...