Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Road Less Traveled


12x12 oil on panel

Rather a philosophical title. The Road Not Taken is a favorite poem of mine. That and Stopping by a Snowy Wood... but that wasn't so fitting for this scene.

My husband really loved the previous version I did of this horse and rider. But he wished it was a sunny scene. So, I made it so. The result reminds me of a colorized black and white photo. It has rather an unreal quality. On one hand, that is cool, and on the other, its unnatural.

I've forgotten to tell you all about the place these paintings are drawn from. It is the Dixie Dude Ranch in Bandera, Texas. If you remember, we went there just over a year ago during spring break. I had done some sketches which I posted here at that time.

5 comments:

Terry said...

My favorite of this series so far!

MJ Ringo said...

This is my hubby- Clint Ringo. Beautiful work!!

Carolyn Finnell said...

If you had not told me that you had "adjusted" it to be a sunny day, I would not have known. It looks natural to me, but with that slight exaggeration that makes a painting interesting. I really like it.

uncafediarte said...

good work!

uncafediarte said...

good yob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...