Saturday, November 14, 2009

Moses Botkin Monthly Challenge


This month's challenge subject was
the view out our studio window. Very interesting. Mine turned out to be a watercolor sketch. I tried it in oils, but was really unhappy with my efforts. Those rocks are hard to paint and it was an overcast day.

If you look in the middle back behind my fence is a deer. He really did walk by there. Several did. We are blessed to have this 'green belt' area behind our house so we have a lot of privacy though we are buried in suburbia. We have a lot of wildlife too. Armadillos, skunks, opposums, deer, foxes, roadrunners, tarantulas, scorpions.... along with the traditional birds and squirrels.



Green Belt
8x8 watercolor sketch
(c) 2009 Robin Cheers



Studio View
8x8.5 oil on canvas

(c) 2009 Silvina Day



Studio View
24x18 oil on canvas
(c) 2009 Marie Fox



View from my Studio
8x10 oil on panel
(c) 2009 Vicki Ross



Outside My Studio
16x20 oil on canvas
(c) 2009 Suzanne Berry



The View
4x6 oil on hardboard
(c) 2009 Diana Moses Botkin



Electric Highway
8x8 oil on board
(c) 2009 Michael Naples

4 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Robin, love the freshness of your w/c. Think of me this week...I enrolled for a w/c workshop for fun! I started with w/c with Charles Reid...but kinda took a dirt road with oil and pastels. I'm sure we'll get a good laugh!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I enjoyed your painting, loved reading about your view and the different critters that inhabit your environment. Being an Oklahoma native, I am familiar with all you mentioned.

The other day my husband mentioned armadillos and our son had no idea what he was talking about because there are none of those creatures up here at the edge of the earth. Such a pity; they're so picturesque!

Unknown said...

Hallo,
wunderschön, gefällt mir sehr gut.

Gruß Werner

Voyer said...

Excelente, me encanta tu estilo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...