Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Taking a Look Around - Horse


12x12 oil on panel

Available at Loretta Goodwin Gallery for their Holiday Open House on November 19th.

I've been too lazy to post lately though I've been painting every day. I'm sending this beauty (the horse, not necessarily the painting) to Loretta Goodwin along with some other horse, cowboy and city scenes. I am exploring a variety of subjects lately. I think that is important for artists... not just to challenge one's self but to avoid being pigeon-holed into only one style or subject. I don't ever want to have to paint only a certain thing. I think with exploration comes growth. I guess I'd get bored doing the same things over and over.

4 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

This painting is a beauty. I love it when you change your subject matter. So wonderfully done!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I agree! I sometimes thing I jump around too much, from one subject to another and even one style to another, so it is good to hear I am not the only painter without a niche'.

The painting, by the way, is killer!

Don Gray said...

What a beautiful painting, Robin...just stunning!

Marian Fortunati said...

I love the colors in this horse's "white" hide...
Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...