Thursday, February 19, 2009

Merry Souls


12x18 oil on linen

Ask Tidewater Gallery about this painting.


I'm pleased to announce that I have new representation with
Tidewater Gallery in historic Swansboro, NC. I am shipping several paintings there this week and had to share this newest piece before its even dry!

This is a scene from the amazing St. Regis hotel bar, featuring Maxfield Parrish's wonderful mural of King Cole which dominates the room. In painting it, I mostly copied the other artist's work, which actually got a little boring for me. I like to include other art in my paintings, obviously, but when its almost exclusively the subject, its not quite as exciting for me. But its beautiful to look at and I like the silhouettes playing against the mural.


There are some funny spots on the image here because this is on loose linen and it wasn't laying flat for the photo. I will let it dry and then, using bookbinders glue, I will mount it to gatorboard.

1 comment:

Leslie Saeta said...

I absolutely love this painting! The color, movement and detail is fantastic. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...