Thursday, August 02, 2007

Cafe


12x12 oil on panel
available -$550 - email me

This was so fun to do. Sometimes I find that a more complicated scene allows me to loosen up - if I fool myself by charging in. That way I do not have time to worry about the details or scare myself about the drawing. On my easel I've painted this reminder: "Its just paint!"
Why does it have to be scary or precious sometimes? I can draw very well with a pencil, why get locked up with paint? Its my goal to be loose. And have fun. And I am having fun lately. :-)

2 comments:

Liza Hirst said...

Hi, Robin,
Have been looking at your blog in detail and am absolutely thrilled with your work! Wish I could paint so loose and lively, too. This one is one of my favorites!

Claire Kayser said...

Hi Robin!

This is one of my favorites,too! Love the looseness you achieve. That's my goal as well - to describe the subject in as few brush strokes as possible.

Your work is wonderful!!!

Keep it up!

Claire Kayser

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...