Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Plein Air Painting - Don't Fence Me In

Been pretty quite here. Well - in my art world. The rest of my life hasn't been quiet at all. I always swear I am not going to get too busy and let my calendar get too full, but its out of my control a lot of time. Since school started, its been one thing after another and this month is going to be nuts.

Starting off the month though, its me time! I'm heading back to Kerrville, Texas for their second annual paint out event. Last year, much to my own amazement, I won the grand prize for the painting below (still available!)


Don't Fence Me In
11x14 oil on panel

I'm excited to go back again and have access to some beautiful private ranches and spend time in the scenic hill country of central Texas with lots of other like minded people.

I haven't picked up a brush in a week or more. Hope I remember what to do when faced with the great outdoors and miles of options!

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

It's wonderful and I'm amazed it didn't sell.. But at least it got a well deserved award.

I hope you have another grand time and really enjoy getting back to the brush.

Connie said...

That is one awesome painting--love the brushwork. I certainly enjoy your blog and seeing your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...