Saturday, October 05, 2013

Kerrville Quick Draw

Is Paco in There?
12x9 oil on panel

I've been painting in Kerrville Texas this weekend and enjoying some spectacular hill country views. Last night was the quick draw event in historic downtown. I think I heard that 25 artists participated. 
It was hot. Very hot. And I chose a scene looking west into the sun. Not ideal but my painting worked out well. We had an hour and a half then put the paintings in frames and presented them for judging. 
I won again this year. Lucky 13, huh? Crazy! 
But I'm so honored. There are a lot of talented artists here and I saw many successful and interesting paintings! 

The title on this one refers to Paco, the owner of Francisco's restaurant. (Excellent food and lovely setting). Everyone who came by asked if I put Paco into the scene. "Where's Paco?" Would have been a good title too. 
 
This is the last day of painting and then we turn on work for the show at the arts center. Reception tonight from 6-8 pm. I better get out there! Cloudy this morning. And will be cooler thank goodness. 

Here is the setting I painted. This can't have been good for my eyes! 


Ooh - seeing that now I love the composition with the reflection in the glass!! Next time....

1 comment:

Studio at the Farm said...

Amazing painting in an hour and a half, and in that light! Congradulations, Robin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...