Monday, February 08, 2010

Ages Ago



Today was the anniversary of James Dean's death. I pulled this ancient painting out of my closet. Look at the date -1992. I went through a period of idolizing this young man. I have always been a fan of the old b&w movies and Giant is perhaps one of the best films of all time.
This was one of the first paintings I did when I began oil painting classes in SC at the Greenville County Museum of Art. Its actually a very nice museum considering its not in a large city. The classes were very good too - it was a good start for me. And they have a large collection of Andrew Wyeth paintings. So, this was a fun trip down memory lane.
Oddly enough, one of the other paintings I did from this time, copied from a Eudora Welty photo, hangs in my hallway. Maybe I should post it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You even had something special then. I knew it all along. more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...