Monday, January 26, 2009

French Masters Gallery


30x40 oil on linen

This painting took me about 3 days of work. Its big and there are a lot of people in it. I think I spent about an hour per person. Pretty amazing since they don't have faces! I rarely work this large for the simple reason that I can't do it all at once. I don't like starting and stopping on paintings. I feel they lose some of their magic that way. My inspiration fades and I am ready to move on to something new.
This is actually two weeks old now. My daughter was home sick all last week and now I'm suffering either her virus
or cedar fever and feeling pretty puny. I certainly have missed painting and I hope to get more done this week.

9 comments:

Cecelia said...

I'm like you, about finishing things. If I stop, I can tell where I left off. It all changes-colors, mood-everything. I'm never happy with the results when I have to go back to something.
Hope you feel better, and sorry that your daughter has been sick.
I've been sneezing, etc. for a while, too. Spend more time using Kleenex than anything. I was just thinking that oil paint in my bedroom may not be helping anything, either.

Susan Carlin said...

Wow, Robin. This is wonderful. Hoorah!

VickiRossArt said...

wonderful sublety. the walls glow with the spotlights and the floor looks very shiny and polished! I like it!

mike rooney studios said...

sweeeeet
large and still so loose! hard to do... you hit this one out of the park!

I Want To Be An Artist said...

Wonderful painting!

Connie said...

Awesome! You managed to combine detail and still keep it loose. This is just a marvelous painting.

Debra D Russell said...

You constantly amaze me, Robin! Your knowledge of composition and color is astounding on this piece. Thanks for being the bright spot in my day once again!

Edward B. Gordon said...

a French Masters Gallery painted by an American Master, fantastic painting Robin !

Leslie Saeta said...

Fantastic painting! A museum painting of museum quality! Gongrats.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...