Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ballet Dancer


pencil on paper

Last Thursday my friend Tess Walls and I went to Ballet Austin for a behind-the-scenes look at a Nutcracker rehearsal. The dancers were below us. We watched from a landing above the studio, the wall behind them is all glass and they were often silhouettes in front of it, making the figures all the more dynamic. The girls wore their practice tutus and I saw Degas in my head. I wish I could capture more of that dynamic line he did. (and like my friend Tess's sketches... beautiful!)
I was tempted to add some color, but I sent my pastels to a friend who is convalescing in Houston area...
I am convalescing as well. The surgery went fine and I am laying about for the most part. I am sketching though from my photos and things in the room (dog, husband, child, toys).

3 comments:

Terry said...

Happy to know your surgery went well; hope you get up and about quickly. I don't often leave comments, but I surely do enjoy your work, both the paintings and the sketches. Thanks also for the introduction to your friend Tess Wall's work - I love her landscapes!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Roxanne Steed said...

Love this sketch! and I look forward to 'where it goes' next! Wishing a speedy recovery so you can get back to 'real life' and painting again! Best wishes, Roxanne

Roxanne Steed said...

ummm- while you're healing up - you've been tagged! If you choose to play, here's the rules:
This is a fun way to get to know your blogger friends in art! The rules of this great game are:

1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.

2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.

3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment on their blogs to let them know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...