Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lighthouse


12x12 oil on panel

Ask Castle Gallery about this painting

This is based on a small work I did a few months ago. Again, I used a Hopper exhibit as the setting. Again, I stayed loose and gestural capturing the setting in an impressionistic, almost expressive way, rather than getting tight and detailed. Such details as the hard edges of the frames and walls often cause me to tighten up and paint objects... when I keep seeing just shapes of color and move my brush around a lot, like a conductor, I can ignore the boundaries.

2 comments:

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

LOVELY!

mike rooney studios said...

another winner
i love how you broke all the edges dragging the brush on it. sweet. i'm gonna steal that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...