Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beach Sketch

Back in Austin. And already missing the beach! And all the fresh produce and seafood... oh, man we ate well. If anyone is going there or lives there... I highly recommend Ophelia's - the chef there is amazing. And you can't beat sitting outside, under fans and awnings in summer, on the serene bay looking at mangrove islands.

I sketched quite a bit on the beach and in the car during drives. I bought a cheap set of acrylics to try and had some success with them. I also added some watercolor washes to some sketches. It was fun. And I thought I'd share some of those with you all since I won't yet be able to get back to my studio for "real" work.

So here is the first sketch - a pencil drawing looking south on Siesta Key towards the Point of Rocks. I liked trying to suggest the numerous people and activity on the beach.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...