Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Due Amici


7x5 oil on panel
$100 + $11 s/h - sold

This is actually from my trip to Italy. I went in 1998 - ten years now. Too long. This scene is from Siena. Italy is such a wonderful and amazing country - from the ancient history to the modern cities alive with the warmth and vivacity of its citizens. I went with two other women friends. We started in Roma, worked our way down to Napoli and the Amalfi coast (pompei, Capri, etc.), staying in Sorrento. And then up to Firenze and capped it off with a stay at the Tenuta di Spannocchia (a 12th century villa) near Rosia and Siena.
The villa and its environs are amazing and I highly recommend a visit there. It was truly a dream come true for me.
I am really quite passionate about Italy. Not only was the food incredible and the history, the people, the romance and excitement, but I felt at home as well. The climate is so like Texas - the landscape and plants. I suppose that is why spaghetti westerns worked so well too.
I might have to go and paint some more of Italy now. And dream of a return trip.

Arrivederci!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...