Thursday, August 01, 2013

Off Broadway

30x24 oil on stretched linen
deep sides/unframed

Ask DK Gallery about this painting

This was fun for me. I painted a small version of this (also below 7x5) and it sold ages ago. I always considered working it again, but I have this aversion to repeating myself. I  love the play "Waiting for Godot." I've never actually seen it, but have read it. Read the Wikipedia description of it here.  Perhaps "abdsurdist" is up my alley.

I feel like some of my best works were those I did small for the blog. But I can't seem to paint that small anymore and am not sure the market is even there anymore for the small works. So maybe its time to look back at those early paintings like the interiors and cities and consider revisiting the scenes for larger works.    

 


I'm really excited to be showing my work in a new area at a really exciting gallery in Marietta, GA. The show opens tomorrow night and I hope the paintings are well received.

2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Robin. I do love the larger version, too. Interesting what you said about the small painting market.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This is a fun and interesting piece, both versions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...