Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Taking A Look Around

Link12x12 oil on panel

Ask Edward Montgomery Fine Art about this painting.

Ok, if this one doesn't sell eventually, I really don't mind. Its one of my all time favorites. Why? Well, because I love horses. And I love light in it, and the dappling of his coat and the gesture. And it reminds me of NYC and my trips there.

I don't think I ever really talked about the book I put together last fall. Part of what I enjoyed most was the feeling of accomplishment and a sense of growth I saw as I looked back over my paintings. Artists rarely get to see their work in a group or spend time looking back over their body of work. Revisiting the work I'd done over the past several years and having a real sense of pride in the work was huge for me. Not only had I created quite a few paintings, there were enough that hit that high mark I expected. Others might not agree with me on all the choices, heck, I doubt any two people could agree on what to include, but each one of my choices was a milestone in my ability to express myself in paint and brushwork. I can't wait to see where I grow over the next few years.

7 comments:

Inge van Rees said...

Just started to paint, love youre style and work!

Linda Roth said...

It is fun looking back at what you've done. This painting is a beauty whether it sells or not. Your handling of the colors is extraordinary. I started to put a book together, but haven't looked at it for a while. I think I will.

Studio at the Farm said...

I love this painting, too, Robin. You have done a superb job with the horse. And I am intrigued by your book [and glad you are so pleased with your work!].

Virginia Floyd said...

Wonderful painting! You did great on catching his movement and face!

I enjoyed reading about your feelings in putting together you book. Congratulations on your growth and hard work!

A Painter's Journal said...

L.W. - you should definitely get back to your book. I think its a great marketing idea and a lot of fun.
Thanks all for your encouragement. I really appreciate it!

Linda Nickles said...

This is a gorgeous painting. Robin, I have your book and really enjoy studying your beautiful style. Your work inspires me. Congratulations on your success!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is a lovely painting.
I love the dappled light and the movement of the horse.
Thanks for sharing your feelings about your book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...