Friday, February 10, 2012

Maid Marian

8x8 oil on paper
$125 including s/h SOLD


Sometimes, when I sit down at the easel, I hear the Monty Python blurb in my head - "And now for something completely different."
This scene, glimpsed through a shrub at the Renaissance Faire, just appealed to me. I had to try it.
The light on her shoulder and face was irresistible. Its a little confusing in its impressionism at first perhaps, being a 30-40 minute study, but I think once you make sense of it, its a pleasing scene. Maid Marian and her young Robin Hood perhaps.

4 comments:

Maria Bennett Hock said...

Lovely...I love the soft strokes and looseness. Just beautiful.

Fay Terry said...

I can see why you wanted to paint this, Robin, and it really is nicely done.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Love the loose way you created a colorful and lovely painting.

Linda Roth said...

Beautiful, professional work! It caught my eye on Daily Paintings immediately being that I just started painting with oils this weekend after being away from them for decades. I had forgotten how superior the finish is compared to acrylics and hae fallen in love again. I'll be visiting a lot; I have a lot to learn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...