Monday, March 29, 2010

Everday People IV


10x8 oil on carton board
$150 + s/h
This might be the guy at the bus stop... different days though. He was walking across a crosswalk tuned into his headphones.

Carton board is something I found at Judson's Art Outfitters. Its a tan card stock similar to the cardboard some of the impressionist masters painted on - but its updated and archival. I like the effect the oils create - almost a pastel quality. And the background color is a nice neutral tone.

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Oh my goodness--this just fills my eyes. Which is the greatest compliment I can give.

Wonderful colors, beautiful work.

mike rooney studios said...

was in dropping off work at tidewater today. love what you just sent him. nice stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...