Thursday, May 14, 2009

News from the Studio

The news from the studio is that there isn't much news. Not as far as painting goes. "Downstairs" however, all hell has broken loose. Excuse my language.
Let me start at the middle. Ben has been getting infusion therapy of IViG for his autoimmune disorder. Its working. Good news. It makes him a little sick for a couple of days. Not so good. His parents came down from Indiana to help us out some. Good news. His Dad, an avid cyclist, FELL Wednesday and broke his hip and had surgery last night. BAD news. So he is in the hospital now recovering and we (mostly me - because I am the only one operating at 100% still) are all scrambling around. He is recovering nicely so far - so I think all will be well soon. I am extremely grateful for our wonderful neighbors though.

So - I think I am going to just write off the rest of May and maybe try to focus on June for getting back to the studio. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Candy Barr said...

Well hang in there indeed Robin! Wow..Hopefully attitudes can keep up, with courage and gentleness together.
Most trying times. Maybe keep your journal handy with either a thumbnail OR possible TITLE entry now and then!
I enjoy the freshness of your figures and look forward to seeing your paintings again soon.

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Wishing you luck, Robin. And give my best to your husband and FIL. Try to sneak out for a massage session, if you can swing it. Sounds like an overflowing plate to me.
I look forward to seeing your paintings again when your world settles.

Carole Foret said...

Robin, I will be thinking of you, your husband and father-in-law. When it rains it pours, so to speak. Just keep yourself as rested as possible as much is depending on you! Keep the faith and stay strong.

Blessings,
Carole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...