Thursday, December 27, 2007

Last Chapter


6x6 oil on panel
$100 + $11 s/h - sold

I have not vanished, but we all know how the holidays are! We've had a lovely Christmas and are still enjoying time off. But I have missed my painting. Today I took some time and painted while my husband put together some of the new shelving I am putting in the studio. One "resolution" underway. I am going to revamp that room and make it more functional and less of a dumping ground for all the old furniture from the house.

This was a lot of fun to paint as I focused just on the extreme light and dark of this woman sitting in a window reading. Her skin tones were marvelous and the light just heavenly. I painted it with thinner washes and bold strokes.

This may be my last painting to post this year. We shall see. Happy New Year early!

1 comment:

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Love this one!! Specially as an author.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...