Monday, September 02, 2013

Ballet Studio Sketch

 
12x10 oil on paper (paper size 16x12)
Discovered a new paper from Arches specifically made for oil painting.
It's different from some of the others I've tried. It definitely allows for heavier paint and isn't very absorbent. I painted this last night and it is still wet and the brush strokes are quite visible. 
I saw that v....vaughan shared her painting recently which was done on the same material. I'll let her figure out how to mount and frame! 
There is no oil bleed through - the paint remains on the surface beautifully. It is smooth and I love a smooth surface to work on.

(I took this and posted from the iphone. I will update it with a better image soon)

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Comme prévu, après mes longues semaines éloignées des blogs, me revoici parmi vous !
Je suis heureuse d'ouvrir aujourd'hui la page de votre dernière publication.

La peinture de vos ballerines est pleine de douceur et dégage une atmosphère agréable.
Gros bisous

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Robin,
It's a different subject for you, and beautifully painted. I'd love to see it in real life, but from here, the oils - colors and strokes - look very good on the paper.
Kathryn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...