Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Park People Sketches

I can't stress enough how great it is to get out of the studio -- not just for a morning of plein air -- but for a longer trip to really immerse yourself in creating art fully. It was so amazing to have no other plan for a day than to paint! Once back home, I am juggling my many roles and dealing with end of school activities. I'm also working hard to finish up my work for my show opening at Tidewater Gallery June 15th.

When I wasn't painting in NYC, I was relaxing on a bench people watching and sketching. There was something inspiring in every direction. 




I've been so excited to get to work on new paintings too. And I can't wait to start showing my blog friends the new work. Soon!!

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Love all your sketches!

Studio at the Farm said...

Lucky you, Robin - people- watching in NYC with your sketchbook! I can't wait to see what you do with your sketches. :)

martinealison said...

J'adore vos croquis... Vos personnages paraissent si vivants...
Je suis heureuse que vous ayez pu profiter pleinement d'une journée de peinture...
Plein de bonne choses à vous pour votre prochaine exposition et surtout de belles rencontres.
Gros bisous

Peter Lee said...

Very cool!
I agree with you that it's so refreshing to just see and sketch people passing by sometimes.
Love your NY sketch paintings.
And your blog header painting is so nice! I would love to see the whole painting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...