Tuesday, May 29, 2012

L'Arlesienne Lady

12x16 oil on panel

Ask Edward Montgomery Fine Art about this painting.

Just shipped this piece off to Carmel. I haven't been doing much but preparing for my upcoming show. This week I am framing the last, boxing and going to ship. Then I can breathe a sigh of relief that my part is done and I can slow down for summer. Its heating up in Texas. A little weekend on the coast of NC will be a lovely break - opening June 15th. If you're in the area of Swansboro, I'd love to meet you in person!

The people above are reading about the Van Gogh painting of Marie Ginoux which is at the Met in NYC. I didn't make it into the museum on my recent trip. Our days were so full of painting that we were exhausted by the late afternoon and not good for much more than a delicious dinner and a glass of wine. One of these days, I need to make a trip with my family and be a real tourist in the city. Really, there is so much to do and see, its difficult to do it even in a long weekend.

4 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Sounds like things are going very well for you Robin. I love your art...and particularly enjoyed your NYC sketches here recently. And of course the painting from the Met here is really really good. I love seeing people in action in art.

Hope you enjoy your slower pace!

martinealison said...

Une très jolie peinture pour illustrer votre publication. J'aime beaucoup sa composition et l'harmonie des couleurs.
Gros bisous

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Robin. This is a beautiful, quiet piece, with a very intriguing composition. And I do hope you get some good quiet time yourself soon.

Peter Lee said...

Nice painting!
I am always fond of those paintings depicting people looking at the paintings in a museum or a gallery.
Seeing a painting in a painting is fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...