Monday, November 15, 2010

Moses Botkin Monthly Challenge

This month I got to choose our challenge and since I have become such a promoter of the "30 minute study/start," I wanted everyone else to try it. Should have been easy for me, but I chose a rather ambitious subject. I'm still processing my workshop and pleased that some of my efforts last week are appearing in my work (painted at the last minute of our deadline of course!) I'm anxious to read what the others thought about using a timer and painting so rapidly. From the looks of it, they did a great job!



The Critique - study
9x12 oil on panel
©2010 Robin Cheers



The Weeper
5x7 oil on canvas
©2010 Suzanne Berry



Thea's Rock
13x13 pastel
©2010 Vicki Ross



Glance Back
12x9 oil on canvas
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin



Last Light
5x6 oil on board
©2010 Aaron Johnson Cordell


This month we welcome a new member too - hello to Sharman Owings!

Red Flag
10x8 oil on masonite
©2010 Sharman Owings

3 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for coming up with this month's puzzler for our group Challenge, Robin. I think we all were wondering the past few weeks whether you loved us or hated us. But apparently this is what loving friends do: challenge them to paint something they don't want to!

I love all the paintings for our November Challenge and am especially impressed by yours. (I was trying to pick something simple for this one!) You've outshined all of us, doing your complicated composition. Way to go!

Toyin O. said...

Very lovely potraits, love the red flag.

Anonymous said...

an excellent work on your blog, your créations are all gorgeous ! I liked explore your page and I'm follower with pleasure ! :)

Bye Mahon
redcat-albumart-som.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...